Jul 10, 2008

Michael Caine To Be Honored In Hollywood

Sir Michael Caine, star of countless spy movies over the decades (including the fantastic Harry Palmer series from the Sixties), will be honored in a hand and footprint ceremony at the famous Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood tomorrow morning. Angelenos take note: the ceremony will occur at 11:30 AM on Friday, July 11, in recognition of Caine's upcoming role as Alfred in The Dark Knight as well as a career's worth of brilliant performances. I really, really wish I could go (the Roger Moore star ceremony was a lot of fun), but I don't think I can swing it on such short notice this time. If anyone does go, please send some pictures! Some of Caine's many notable spy movies include The Ipcress File, Funeral in Berlin, Billion Dollar Brain (my personal favorite), The Fourth Protocol, The Holcroft Covenant, The Jigsaw Man, Blue Ice, Austin Powers in Goldmember and The Quiet American. (Not that I need to remind anyone who reads this blog, I'm sure!)

All the details on the ceremony can be found at Reuters.

No comments: