Oct 19, 2012

Cinemax Spy Series Hunted Premieres Tonight

Cinemax's latest UK co-production spy series Hunted (formerly known as Nemesis) premieres tonight on the American cable network. I've heard good things about it, and reviews tend to shorthand it as Rubicon meets Alias, which sounds pretty intriguing, or compare it to Spooks/MI-5, which also sounds good. Strike Back's Frank Spotnitz produces and Alias's Melissa George leads a cast that also includes Adam Rayner (Undercovers), Stephen Dillane (Spy Game), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Killer Elite, Strike Back), Lex Shrapnel (Captain America: The First Avenger), Uriel Emil (The Bourne Ultimatum), Patrick Malahide (The World Is Not Enough, The Long Kiss Goodnight) and Stephen Campbell Moore (The Bank Job, Johnny English Reborn). Hunted premieres tonight at 10pm on the pay station. (I wish I got it!) Here's a trailer:

2 comments:

Simes said...

It's been on the BBC a few weeks and...it's ok but a bit of a disappointment as far as I'm concerned.

It seems to have gone un-noticed too, which isn't a good sign. A critic in one newspaper dismissed it with the line "...Absolutely bloody awful".

I wouldn't go that far myself, mind you.

Elliot James said...

I like Melissa George who is totally de-glammed. In a Hunted interview she looked like a Bond Girl. I tried watching Hunted on the advice of a friend. After a Bourne-style lengthy fight scene that would put any human in a hospital for six months with major organ damage and broken bones, she dusts herself off and walks away with the usual minor bruising. I'm trying to watch a few more episodes before I give up.