Nov 21, 2013

Simon Pegg Returns for Another Mission

We have our second confirmed team member for Christopher McQuarrie's Mission: Impossible 5 (following last May's obvious announcement that Tom Cruise would once again star as Ethan Hunt). When asked by MTV (via Dark Horizons) if he'd be back for a third round as IMF agent Benji Dunn (Pegg debuted in the franchise's third installments), Pegg enthusiastically replied, "Yes, absolutely! I'm looking forward to that. I've already started eating one carrot a day in order to be in shape." Great! I really hope that McQuarrie brings back as many of the team members from Brad Bird's Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol as possible. That was the first film in the theatrical franchise that actually did a decent job of capturing the team dynamic that made the TV show so great.

2 comments:

Le Samourai said...

I hope the lovely Paula Patton returns. I thought she really added a lot to the last MI film.

Tanner said...

Me too. I want her and Renner back (though his busy film slate will probably be the most difficult to schedule around), and ideally Ving Rhames back in a real role, and not just a cameo.