Jul 28, 2018

Watch Peter Graves Get a Colonoscopy in Wonderful Seventies American Cancer Society MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE PSA

This is so bizarre it might be the best thing ever. Peter Graves, Greg Morris, and Peter Lupus all participate in this Mission: Impossible-themed PSA for the American Cancer Society from the early Seventies. (Judging by the episode clips, it looks like it was filmed at the beginning of Season 6 around the time of the episode "The Tram.") Graves takes a trip to the proctologist and introduces audiences to the importance of a colonoscopy. No, thankfully we're not actually subjected to watching the actor undergo that particular procedure, but we do see him going over the results with the doctor and marveling at the wonders of modern medicine. He also gets good scenes with Morris and Lupus, affording us a rare and cool glimpse behind the scenes of Mission: Impossible. Even if the interactions are earnestly staged for our benefit, it's still incredible to see onto the set of this wonderful series. And, of course, the message is still important! This really should have been included as an extra on one of the DVD sets. Thank goodness for YouTube! Check it out.



Read my review of Mission: Impossible III (2006) here.
Read my review of M:I-2 (2000) here.
Read my review of Mission: Impossible (1996) here.
Read my review of Mission: Impossible: The Seventh TV Season here.
Read my review of Mission: Impossible: The Sixth TV Season here.
Read my review of Mission: Impossible: The Fifth TV Season here.
Read my review of Mission: Impossible: The Fourth TV Season here.
Read my review of Mission: Impossible: The Third TV Season here.
Read my review of Mission: Impossible: The Second TV Season here.
Read my review of Mission: Impossible: The First TV Season here.

No comments: