Oct 14, 2019

USA Shares Amazing TREADSTONE Clip on Eve of Premiere

USA's Bourne spin-off series Treadstone premieres tomorrow night. While I've been surprised by the paucity of advertising in the real world, the network has released many, many clips online over the past month--enough, seemingly, to create a fairly good assembly cut of the pilot episode! But they've saved the best for last. A clip with an extended fight scene and a chase across European rooftops shared today by the International Spy Museum really demonstrates that they appear to have captured the tone and feel of Doug Liman's 2002 movie The Bourne Identity. (The lead actor also seems to have been cast at least partly for bearing a slight resemblance to Matt Damon.) This has me very excited to sample the series tomorrow night! Watch the clip here.

Read my review of the novel that started it all, Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Identity, here.

Treadstone premieres on Tuesday, October 15, at 10/9c on USA.

3 comments:

Jeremy Duns said...

Yes, very Liman. Also a bit of a Quiller vibe to that clip!

teeritz said...

Geez, this looks promising. Looks like it's been given a movie budget. Very slick production values, too. I have to say, Tanner, that you are quite prolific. I'll be working my way back through some of your earlier posts.
Keep up the good work. Your blog IS being read. We're just being spooks about it.
I gave this blog a shout-out over on Instagram (I'm Tinzero over there.

Tanner said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Teeritz! I appreciate it. And thanks for spreading the word. Somehow I'm not getting alerts about comments anymore, and I missed both of these. Yeah, definitely a Quiller vibe there, Jeremy! I've only finally had a chance to start actually watching the show, and I'm slowly catching up and really enjoying it.