Jun 10, 2009

Abrams Chooses To Accept Another Mission

Here's a lengthy chain of atribution: Aintitcool reports that Spoiler TV reports that TV Guide reports that M:I-III director J.J. Abrams has signed on to produce Mission: Impossible IV. "Tom and I have come up with a really cool idea we are pursuing," he told the magazine. The Star Trek director and Alias mastermind has not yet committed to direct the new movie, though, only produce. That sounds cool to me; I thought M:I-III was the best entry in the franchise. But I'd still prefer to see the movies go more in the direction of the TV show and focus on the team rather than a single action hero. III did that better than the others, but as long as a megastar like Tom Cruise is in the lead, chances are slim that we'll ever get a true team movie. Then again, when will Tom Cruise ever get around to another Mission: Impossible with all the other spy movies he's attached to?

No comments: