May 3, 2010

Upcoming Spy DVDs: Green Zone

Green Zone, so far my candidate for best spy movie of the year and my favorite movie–period–yet this year, will come out on DVD and Blu-ray from Universal Home Video on June 29, according to DVD Active.  The generous special features will include a commentary with star Matt Damon and director Paul Greengrass, deleted scenes, featurettes ("Inside the Green Zone", "Matt Damon: Ready for Action"), and a that stupid digital copy of the film that all the studios are still so crazy about. The Blu-ray release will include all that plus additional BD-Live and U-Control features, whatever that means.  Hopefully more people will discover this amazing action movie on DVD than saw it in the theaters.  As I said in my review, fans of Greengrass's Bourne movies are likely to love it; the thrust-the-viewer-in-the-thick-of-it action scenes are just as good as those in the awesome Bourne Ultimatum (and far, far superior to Mark Forster's attempt to replicate the style in the lacklustre Quantum of Solace). And, just to be clear, Green Zone is a propulsive spy action movie, not a grim antiwar drama or a political diatribe, as some would suggest. I've been listening to John Powell's equally propulsive score for it non-stop for weeks now in my car; I love it.

Read my full review of Green Zone here.
Read my full review of The Bourne Ultimatum here.
Pre-order Green Zone on DVD here.
Pre-order Green Zone on Blu-ray here.
Order the Green Zone soundtrack CD here.

No comments: