Apr 27, 2011

Tradecraft: Ving Rhames Is Black Jack

Well, he might not be in the new Mission: Impossible movie (or so the rumors go), but now Ving Rhames has his very own starring spy gig. According to Deadline, the actor has been cast as the lead in that Comedy Central spy pilot we heard about last month, Black Jack.  This is the one from writer Michael Starrbury and producers David Gordon Green (who's also written the non-comedic remake of Ice Station Zebra) and Danny McBride (the team behind Your Highness), among many others. Green will direct the pilot, which finds the government's top black ops operative (Rhames) forced into retirement. Needless to say, he has trouble adjusting to normal life. Whenever I read about this concept, I picture Jack Bauer in a PTA meeting and I laugh.  I hope the actual product lives up to my unfounded notions...

No comments: