Apr 8, 2011

Nigel Small-Fawcett Reborn!
First Trailer For Johnny English Sequel

Here's our first real look at Rowan Atkinson's eight-years-after-the-fact spy parody sequel, Johnny English Reborn... and I like what I see!  I was a big fan of the first film, which I enjoy more than any of the Austin Powers movies as far as spy spoofs go.  Bond regulars Neal Purvis and Robert Wade co-wrote that one.  They're not back for Reborn (though their original collaborator William Davies is), but there are still plenty of Bond alumni involved.  Die Another Day's Rosamund Pike goes from Bond Girl to English Girl, and various websites (including the IMDb) list Pierce Brosnan as cameoing as a character named "Ambrose" (though there's been no official announcement to that effect).  He doesn't turn up in the trailer, but it has plenty of other things to offer (I love that gag with the chair in the briefing!) including our first glimpse at Johnny English's new wheels.  He kept up with 007 in the first movie by driving an Aston Martin; this time he's got a Rolls Royce.  Johnny English Reborn opens in Britain on October 7.  As far as I know the US release date hasn't been announced yet, but hopefully we won't have to wait too long... 

2 comments:

Paul Bishop said...

Loved the first film, looking forward to the Reborn version. The whole thing with the chair made me shoot milk out my nose . . .

Tanner said...

Ha! Yeah, it's a pretty hilarious gag. I love that he keeps a straight, serious face the whole time he's sinking. That's the secret to the character right there (stolen from Clouseau, of course, though Steve Martin never caught onto that in his version): maintaining total dignity in the face of the grossest indignities.