May 26, 2011

Covert Affairs Season 2 Campaign Ramps Up

I was very pleasantly surprised to spot the first bus stop poster I'd seen for the second season of USA's Covert Affairs while driving home the other day.  In addition to the posters, Deadline reports that USA is making a big push in movie theaters, running this spot for Covert Affairs and White Collar before big summer movies like Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and X-Men: First Class.  I know, I know; where's the news in that?  I see ads for USA shows before the trailers every time I go to an AMC theater.  Well, though the article is vague, I think the implication is that this will actually run with the movie trailers, and not with the pre-trailer advertisements.  The spot, unfortunately, doesn't reveal any new footage from Season 2.  But it does serve as a good introduction to the series for viewers who have never seen this smart, compelling CIA dramady starring Piper Perabo.  Covert Affairs returns on Tuesday, June 7.

Read my review of Covert Affairs' Season 1 pilot here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh this is a very informative
post! i actually enjoyed reading
this - very well explained too. thanks, this is very useful!
Great information..
Volkswagen Passat Turbocharger