Oct 7, 2009

More Rivals For Sherlock Holmes This Spring

At the end of my last review of The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes: Set 1, I concluded my high praise for the series by hoping that the second season would be forthcoming. And luckily, it is! Acorn Media currently has The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes: Set 2 tentatively slotted for April 27, 1010. Season 2 is most notable to spy fans for its inclusion of the episode "The Secret of the Foxhunter," which features Derek Jacobi as William Le Queux's gadget-using proto-Bond "Duckworth Drew of the Secret Service." As far as I know, this is the only filmed version of Drew, one of the more important figures in the evolution of spy fiction.

Read my review of Acorn's Region 1 release The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes: Set 1 here.
Read my review of Network's Region 2 release The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes: The Complete First Series here.

No comments: