Jan 2, 2010


Bond On The Big Screen This Weekend In LA

I'm sorry I'm not in LA right now, because 007 is.  As mentioned back in November, the great Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood will screen a mini Bond-Fest this weekend.  Things kicked off yesterday (New Year's Day) with Dr. No and You Only Live Twice. Tonight Angelenos can see the quintessential revival house double-feature, the Connery classics Goldfinger and Thunderball. Things wind down on Sunday, January 3 with what I see as the most appealing night of programming of all, owing to the two films' relative rarity on the revival circuit: Moonraker and For Your Eyes Only. Complete James Bond Movie Encyclopedia  author Steven Jay Rubin will be on hand tonight (Saturday), as last night, to introduce the movies and host another trivia contest.

I was supposed to be back in LA today, but weather on the East Coast conspired against me.  I'm not usually traveling for the New Year, but I am this year and as soon as I'm back home and settled into my routine, regular posting will resume with my usual year-end roundups and still more Alex Rider coverage, in an event that has stretched from "Alex Rider Week" into "Alex Rider Month."  Anyway, I hope everyone had a great New Year and continues to have a wonderful 2010!

1 comment:

Jason Whiton said...

My fave theater as well! I hope all LA-area readers can check out these screenings.