May 22, 2018

Two Connery Bond Movies on the Big Screen in 35mm This Father's Day in Los Angeles

Hollywood's famed Egyptian Theatre will show 35mm prints of From Russia With Love and Goldfinger on June 17 - Father's Day. Bond on film has become a relatively rare commodity in recent years (even the once ubiquitous Goldfinger!), as most revival screenings nowadays tend to be projected digitally. Personally, I find that no matter how sharp the transfer, a DCP just doesn't feel like film... and I'd always rather watch a Bond flick on film. So if you feel like I do, and you'll be in the Southern California area mid-June, you should definitely go! The double feature kicks off at 7:30, starting with From Russia With Love. Tickets ($12 covers both films) are available through Fandango, or at the Egyptian Theatre box office.

1 comment:

night person said...

Hello!

I am not sure if you have heard about this...

https://www.facebook.com/MovieClub35mm/

More BOND on the BIG screen in Los Angeles this summer!

I will be in LA from mid-June to early July. Hopefully I will run in to you at one of the screenings. Hope all is well with you, my friend!

Mathew