Sep 29, 2008

Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Movie On DVD Tomorrow!

This one really snuck up on me; I don't think there was ever a press release or official announcement or anything... but according to Best Buy's weekly circular, the 1998 TV movie Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. starring David Hasselhoff as the comic book secret agent and Lisa Rinna as his flame Countessa Valentina de Allegro Fontaine will be released on DVD tomorrow and available exclusively at Best Buy. The timing is obviously designed to cash in on the character's appearance in Iron Man (as played by Samuel L. Jackson), which also hits DVD tomorrow. The DVD artwork makes the movie look much cooler than it actually is, and (understandably) plays up the involvement of Batman Begins screenwriter David Goyer. Despite its overall mediocrity (due in a large part to its TV movie budget... and some of the casting), this movie has been something of a Holy Grail for Nick Fury fans for quite a while, frequently bootlegged but never before officially available. I, for one, am very excited to know that it's coming out (and so soon!), and I'm sure legions of Fury fans will be as well.

1 comment:

Delmo said...

Surprised the shit out of me when I saw it in the circular, too. Hasselhoff may not be the best casting but at least he's the correct color. Nick Fury is black only in the Ultimate Marvel Universe, not the one most are familiar with.