Jun 24, 2011

Tradecraft: Rob Cohen Spies Again

xXx director Rob Cohen is eyeing another high-octane, extreme sort of spy movie. Deadline reports that he'll follow up his I, Alex Cross reboot with Bullet Run. I couldn't begin to do justice to the high concept premise hatched by writer Andrew Hilton, so I'll defer to the trade blog's capsule summary: "The head of an elite private protection team and his former CIA agent wife infiltrate the closed borders of Iran to abduct a man who killed their daughter. The extraction goes awry and they force to rely on their world-class driving skills and a fleet of high-performance street cars to travel 200 miles through a hail of bullets to keep alive the man they really want dead." I'm not a fan of xXx, but I am a fan of high performance cars traveling 200mph through a hail of bullets in the Iranian desert. Therefore I'll reserve judgement.

No comments: