Jun 16, 2015

Behind the Scenes Video Reveals SPECTRE's Mexico City Shoot

EON, MGM and Sony have posted a new video blog about filming SPECTRE, this time on location in Mexico City. I've been avoiding pretty much all news items and press photos about SPECTRE, because I want to go in knowing much less than I did about Skyfall, but I figure that anything put out officially is okay. But since I know some people are even more spoiler-conscious than I am about this movie, I'll warn that while the video below doesn't give away anything about the actual on-screen action of this scene, it does reveal what part of the movie the Mexico City action will happen in, and shows plenty of the background activity. If you don't even want to know that much, now is the time to avert your eyes.



This looks pretty incredible! "I wanted the audience to be dropped right into the middle of a very, very specific, very heady, rich environment. It’s the Day of the Dead, everywhere you look there’s colour and detail and life," says director Sam Mendes. I heartily approve! The Day of the Dead celebration is a perfect backdrop for some good James Bond action, reminiscent of Thunderball's Junkanoo, Live and Let Die's New Orleans funerals, and Moonraker's Carnival. It looks like a visually spectacular backdrop for whatever action Mendes and his crew have lined up to unfold there. And it also makes perfect sense as a setting for 007's first ever trip to Mexico as Mexico. While Licence to Kill was filmed there, the action took place in fictional Isthmus City.

No comments: