Jun 1, 2009

Commencing Collossal COBRAS Crossover Event: Man V. Machine!

It's funny how often spies find themselves fighting robots and super-computers, isn't it? Following our impromptu four-week jam session that grew out of Costumed Adventurer Week back in March, the loose Coalition Of Bloggers wRiting About Spies, or "COBRAS" for those in the know, will attempt a planned-in-advance, honest-to-goodness cataclysmic crossover event, Marvel-style! But, as such things tend to go (even when they are planned in advance), I'm already running behind. Look for my first real Man Versus Machine post a bit later in the week. In the meantime, though, be sure to check out what's already been posted at other COBRAS sites! David at Permission To Kill kicked things off with an overview of the "Man vs. Machine" concept, then launched into reviews of Alphaville (the only Eurospy movie they show you in film school) Colossus: The Forbin Project, and Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine. (That's the good Dr. Goldfoot movie, for those who keep track of such things! Apologies to Bava.) Wes Britton followed those up with a lengthy and meticulous history of "Spy-Fi" at the Spy Wise Blog, and Jason at Spy Vibe wrote a fascinating and lavishly-illustrated history of the robot. Finally, Armstrong at Mister 8 reviewed an appropriate episode of Johnny Quest. Whew! I've got some catching up to do! Which will start later today...

Man Vs. Machine Week
Read my review of Attack of the Robots here.
Read my review of Billion Dollar Brain here.
Read my review of The Fantastic Argoman here.
Read my review of The Amazing Screw-On Head here.
Read my article Man Versus Steam-Powered Machines: Technology In The Wild Wild West here.
Read my review of Eagle Eye here.
Read my review of Kiss Kiss, Kill Kill here.

No comments: